Word Dahabiya means “Golden Boat”, Dahabeya, as Sailboats were common in Egypt during the beginning of the 20th century when the royal family and travelers loved to cruise the Nile and to explore its mysterious nature. They rented the boats for weeks, and made their way from a temple to another, enjoying the river breeze. These boats had from three to nine cabins.
Amoura Dahabiya Nile Cruises (OR similar):
Every Friday from Aswan & Monday from Esna.
MS Amoura is a luxurious river yacht offering 6 elegantly furnish cabins, each with a panoramic window through which to view the passing scenery in privacy. There is also a spacious sundeck to enjoy the scenery and the weather. Sail the Nile in style and luxury on this exclusive boat that will carry you from Esna to Aswan and back again in ageless luxury.
- 6 double cabins (ca. 13 sqm) with twin or large bed.
- 1 Suite (ca. 21 sqm) with large bed, private terrace.
- Each cabin is measuring 13sqm, has a large bed or twin beds with Egyptian cotton.
- Large window with a great view of the Nile in the privacy of their room.
- All cabins have large, panoramic windows.
- All cabins are air-conditioned.
- Private bath/shower with hair dryer.
- Room service.
- International Telephone.
- Safe box.
- Laundry service & housekeeping.
- Accompanying motorboat to pull it in case wind is calm.
- Sun Deck.
- Satellite-TV, DVD player.
- Oriental seating area.
- Internet access.
- Water filter.
- Voltage 220. 24 hrs electric power supply.
- Accompanying motorboat to pull it in case wind is cal.